"At Artistic Dentistry, we take great care to ensure our patients are at ease and comfortable during their office visit so we can effectively address any dental health care concerns they may have."
- S. Michael Roussel, DDS
In his practice, Dr. Roussel takes a preventative approach to your dental care and is committed to providing optimal treatment. Throughout his dental career, he has been a perpetual student, undertaking hundreds of continuing education hours honing his skills in cosmetic dentistry, root canals, invisible braces and smile design.
He and his staff remain current on the newest products and procedures in dentistry. Dr. Roussel has a particular interest in computerized dentistry and has mastered the CEREC system for single-visit crowns and veneers.
Since 2000, he has helped enhance and restore the smiles of thousands of adults and children. His signature smiles are crafted by years of experience combined with high-tech tools and the latest restorative and cosmetic procedures.
Dr. Roussel graduated Magna Cum Laude from Southeastern Louisiana University in 1986 with a degree in Zoology. He then spent the next 10 years in the Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology business promoting life-saving medications. In 1996, Dr. Roussel followed his lifelong dream of becoming a dentist and enrolled at Case Western Reserve School of Dentistry receiving his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree in May 2000. During his studies at Case Western, Dr. Roussel was inducted into the Omicron Kappa Upsilon honor society, an award bestowed upon only the top 3-percent of dental graduates in the United States.
Credentials & Training
- 2000 Graduate of Case Western Reserve School of Dentistry
- Admitted to Omicron Kappa Upsilon dental honor society (top 3% dental graduates in the country)
- 1986 Graduate of Southeastern Louisiana University BS Zoology Magna Cum Laude
- Phi Kappa Phi honors society
- Member of the Academy of General Dentistry and American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Member Baton Rouge CEREC Study Club
- LSU Cosmetic Dentistry Continuum, Levels I and II
- CEREC Advanced Anterior Esthetics
- Essential Occlusion for Esthetics and Function
- High Technology Certifications: CEREC (same day crowns and veneers), Invisilign and Clear Correct (invisible braces), Diagnodent (laser cavity detection)